2024 AAPM Expanding Horizons Travel Grant Round 2
The Expanding Horizons Travel Grant program is designed to provide students and trainees with an opportunity to broaden the scope of scientific meetings attended in their career. The proposed meeting should introduce new and relevant topics which may ultimately be incorporated into current or future medical physics research and progress the field in new directions.
Program Year 2024 is broken into two application cycles:
- Round 1
- Round 2
The total amount of support funding for use against travel, registration, and/or other expenses associated with attending the proposed meeting will be provided in the form of a reimbursement and is based on attendance type:
- $1,250 if attending IN-PERSON –or–
- $500 if attending VIRTUALLY/ONLINE ONLY
Please Note: $250 of the total award amount—regardless of attendance type—is contingent on a short, in-person presentation given by awardee at the next available AAPM Annual Meeting & Exhibition.
- Proposed meeting cannot be specifically related to medical physics.
- Proposed meeting must take place between July 1, 2024 and December 31, 2024.
- Must be a current graduate student, post-doctoral candidate, or current resident within five years of graduation at time of submission.
- Must be an AAPM member in good standing at the time of submission.
- Must not be a past Expanding Horizons awardee.
Examples of Ineligible Meetings
- Any AAPM-sponsored meeting (ex: AAPM Annual Meeting, Spring Clinical, Summer School)
- American Society of Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) Annual Meeting
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) Annual Meeting
- Any meeting regularly attended by institutional group/program (judged on case-by-case basis)
- Any meeting that has previously been supported by an Expanding Horizons Travel Grant under the same Faculty/Advisor/Principal Investigator
1. Cover Letter/Personal Statement
- Long-term career goals
- Motivation to attend proposed meeting
- Expected scientific value of attendance on dissertation project or future research
2. Curriculum Vitae
- Limit to education, publications, presentations, and any relevant awards
3. Letter of Recommendation
- Must also confirm that additional expenses outside of total award amount will be covered
4. Budget/Overall Expected Expenses
Application Deadline: March 15, 2024
Recipients Notified by: May 1, 2024
Program Contact: Payton Brown
The online application is not yet available. Check back in early January.